NEWSXTRA
Special Task Force On Nnamdi Kanu’s Release Pays Visit To DSS
A Special Task Force for the Release of Nnamdi Kanu will visit Abuja’s Department of State Service (DSS) on Thursday, May 30, 2024, to meet with the detained Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) leader.
Chief Emmanuel Iwuamyanwu, President General of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo, will lead the Special Task Force to the DSS.
News Express learned last night that the Special Task Force will assess Mazi Nnamdi Kanu’s health, captivity welfare, legal team activities, Igboland security situation, and efforts to find a political solution to his incarceration and trial.
Rev. Obinna Akukwe, Director General of Igbo Mandate Congress (IMC) and Media and Publicity Secretary, Special Task Force for the Release of Nnamdi Kanu, released a statement to News Express on Wednesday evening announcing the scheduled visit.
The Special Task Force accompanying Iwuanyanwu to the DSS includes Barrister Cappeo Emejulu Okpalaukwu, Rev Obinna Akukwe, Igwe Uche Egenti, Eze Ibe Nwosu, and Prince Emmanuel Kanu (younger brother of the IPOB Leader), who are currently in Abuja.
Other members include the chairman of South-East Traditional Rulers Council and Chairman of the Task Force, Igwe Lawrence Agubuzu; Archbishop of Methodist Church, Umuahia, Diocese, His Grace Raphael Opoko (Co-Chair); Eze Akajiofor and Traditional Ruler of Enugwu-Aguleri, Eze Chukwuemeka Eri (Co-Chair); Archbishop of Anglican Communion, Owerri Province, His Grace Sunday Onuoha; Chairman Ndi Eze Igbo of 19 Northern States, Eze Dr. Uche Egenti; Eze Igb
Barr Emejulu Okpalaukwu-Okpalaezeukwu, leader of Ebube-Agu Ndi Igbo at Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo Worldwide, serves as the Taskforce’s Executive Secretary.
According to the statement, the Task Force previously agreed with Iwuamyanwu on the need to speak with Nnamdi Kanu in DSS detention during the briefing on May 17, 2024, and he promised to take action as soon as the Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Leaders and Stakeholders Convention ended.
The statement also revealed that the Special Task Force has received indications from Presidency sources that the second letter to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, dated May 21st, 2024, appealing for Nnamdi Kanu’s release, is being reviewed and some responses have been provided.
-
CRIME3 years ago
PSC Dismisses DCP Abba Kyari, To Be Prosecuted Over Alleged $1.1m Fraud
-
FEATURED3 years ago
2022 Will Brighten Possibility Of Osinbajo Presidency, Says TPP
-
FEATURED2 years ago
Buhari’s Ministers, CEOs Should Be Held Accountable Along With Emefiele, Says Timi Frank
-
BUSINESS & ECONOMY1 year ago
Oyedemi Reigns As 2023’s Real Estate Humanitarian Of The Year
-
SPORTS1 year ago
BREAKING: Jürgen Klopp Quits Liverpool As Manager At End Of Season
-
SPORTS2 years ago
Could Liverpool Afford Kylian Mbappe For €200 million? Wages, Transfer Fee
-
ENTERTAINMENT2 years ago
Veteran Nigerian Musician, Basil Akalonu Dies At 72
-
FEATURED2 years ago
Tribunal Judgement: Peter Obi Warns Of Vanishing Electoral Jurisprudence, Heads To Supreme Court
-
BUSINESS & ECONOMY2 years ago
Oyedemi Bags ‘Next Bulls Award’ As BusinessDay Celebrates Top 25 CEOs/ Business Leaders
-
FEATURED3 years ago
2023 Presidency: South East PDP Aspirants Unite, Demand Party Ticket For Zone