BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Access Bank Issues Fresh Conditions On FX Release, Availability
Access Bank has conditioned its release of foreign exchange (FX) for school fees abroad, and maintenance/upkeep requests, on the availability of the required currency.
The financial institution made this disclosure via an email addressed to prospective applicants of FX.
Noting that dollars would only be made available to customers who intend to use the currency for educational purposes, the Bank maintained that its release would now be determined by its availability.
Access Bank said the required FX would be provided within a period of 60 days.
The email notice read: “We value your relationship with us and would like to keep you informed on changes regarding our fulfillment of FX requests. International school fees are processed for customers who initiate their request via Access Bank.
“Applications will be processed and disbursed within 60 days from the date of approval, subject to FX availability, provided funds and documents are in line with requirements.
“Maintenance/upkeep requests are processed once yearly per applicant for a maximum amount of $1,500 and only for customers whose school fees were processed via Access Bank.
“This is subject to maintenance/upkeep not having already been disbursed previously at any time this year and requests will be fulfilled within 60 days from the approval date, subject to FX availability.
“For the rest of the year, PTA/BTA requests will be processed just once for applicants who log their request 14 days before the travel date.
“As of January 2023 however, applicants will be entitled to only 2 fulfilled PTA/BTA requests a year. Disbursement will always be subject to FX availability.”
It could be recalled that this development may be unconnected to the scarcity of dollars, which has become more intense since the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) disclosed its plan to redesign N100, N200, N500, and N1,000 banknotes.
Funding for Nigeria’s polio eradication campaign stops 2022 – WHO
THE World Health Organisation Country Representative for Nigeria, Dr. Walter Mulombo, said Nigeria and other African countries would no longer receive funds to support polio eradication activities from January 2022.
According to him, Nigeria and other countries on the continent had been removed from priority list having been declared polio-free.
A statement by the Chief Press Secretary of the FCT Minister, Anthony Ogunleye, on Thursday quoted Mulombo as saying this when he led a delegation of the WHO to update the minister on key public health issues.
He was quoted as saying, “With the declaration of Africa as polio-free, the continent is being taken off the list of priority area that the global polio eradication will support and by January of 2022, there will not be substantial funding to support polio eradication activities. “Nigeria however needs to continue those activities to maintain a polio-free status until such a time that global eradication of the disease is achieved.”
-
CRIME3 years ago
PSC Dismisses DCP Abba Kyari, To Be Prosecuted Over Alleged $1.1m Fraud
-
FEATURED3 years ago
2022 Will Brighten Possibility Of Osinbajo Presidency, Says TPP
-
FEATURED2 years ago
Buhari’s Ministers, CEOs Should Be Held Accountable Along With Emefiele, Says Timi Frank
-
BUSINESS & ECONOMY1 year ago
Oyedemi Reigns As 2023’s Real Estate Humanitarian Of The Year
-
SPORTS1 year ago
BREAKING: Jürgen Klopp Quits Liverpool As Manager At End Of Season
-
SPORTS2 years ago
Could Liverpool Afford Kylian Mbappe For €200 million? Wages, Transfer Fee
-
ENTERTAINMENT2 years ago
Veteran Nigerian Musician, Basil Akalonu Dies At 72
-
FEATURED2 years ago
Tribunal Judgement: Peter Obi Warns Of Vanishing Electoral Jurisprudence, Heads To Supreme Court
-
BUSINESS & ECONOMY2 years ago
Oyedemi Bags ‘Next Bulls Award’ As BusinessDay Celebrates Top 25 CEOs/ Business Leaders
-
FEATURED3 years ago
2023 Presidency: South East PDP Aspirants Unite, Demand Party Ticket For Zone